TheEEStory.com

News, Reviews and Discussion of EEStor Inc.
Global Weirding « Other « Industry Applications
 
Thu, 12 Aug 2010, 8:26pm #1
Fibb
EExhilarating
Head_asplode_plus
Registered: Jul, 2009
Last visit: 1 day ago
Posts: 3401

'Global Weirding': Extreme Climate Events Dominate The Summer

An almost complete account of the extra severe weather this summer. Sobering to those with half a brain.

Time for DW to save us.

Politician and bureaucrats are NOT going to get it done.

Last edited Thu, 12 Aug 2010, 8:33pm by Fibb


The time has come to demonstrate that ZENN is on the right path Romney/Ryan 2012

Dick Weir will not go quietly in the night.... - FMA

My grandkids won't know what it means to put gas or diesel in a car.

Offline


Thu, 12 Aug 2010, 9:23pm #2
HEEman
EESUrient
Registered: Sep, 2009
Last visit: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Posts: 2226

Fibb, you only have half a brain? It's good you are willing to admit this though. Maybe that's why you fall for all this global warming crazziness. Perhaps there is a brain half that enables peeps to distinguish between reality and horse hockey.


In a redneck sort a way, we only have so much ass to cash that check against.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/06/n...

Offline
Thu, 12 Aug 2010, 9:51pm #3
Fibb
EExhilarating
Head_asplode_plus
Registered: Jul, 2009
Last visit: 1 day ago
Posts: 3401

HEEman wrote:

Fibb, you only have half a brain?

Oops, I walked into that one. LOL u got me Heeman. :)


The time has come to demonstrate that ZENN is on the right path Romney/Ryan 2012

Dick Weir will not go quietly in the night.... - FMA

My grandkids won't know what it means to put gas or diesel in a car.

Offline
Thu, 12 Aug 2010, 10:00pm #4
neib
EErudite
Registered: Apr, 2009
Last visit: Sun, 01 Jan 2012
Posts: 53

Not believing in global climate change is foolish! The real question is what is the cause!

Offline
Thu, 12 Aug 2010, 11:39pm #5
HEEman
EESUrient
Registered: Sep, 2009
Last visit: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Posts: 2226

Fibb wrote:

HEEman wrote:

Fibb, you only have half a brain?

Oops, I walked into that one. LOL u got me Heeman. :)

Way to be a sport about it Fibb. I know you have more than half a brain.


In a redneck sort a way, we only have so much ass to cash that check against.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/06/n...

Offline
Fri, 13 Aug 2010, 4:52am #6
chacha
EEndearing
Registered: Aug, 2008
Last visit: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Posts: 969

HEEman wrote:

I know you have more than half a brain.

You will hardly find anybody to say the same about you.

Offline
Fri, 13 Aug 2010, 7:15am #7
Excessive
EExpert
2011_thanksgiving_gramps_2
Registered: Jul, 2009
Last visit: Fri, 30 May 2014
Posts: 235

I actually prefer global warming over global cooling. Not sure it'll help but do I need to drive more? You know of course we've had global warming before. Melted all the glaciers that covered most of North America it did. Wonder what folks were driving back then.


Offline
Fri, 13 Aug 2010, 8:40am #8
RmW
EESUrient
Skull_and_crossbones_oil
Registered: Jun, 2009
Last visit: Wed, 28 Nov 2012
Posts: 1762

Excessive wrote:

I actually prefer global warming over global cooling. Not sure it'll help but do I need to drive more? You know of course we've had global warming before. Melted all the glaciers that covered most of North America it did. Wonder what folks were driving back then.

Man, I'm going to miss skiing! But I'm a great swimmer.

I hope that y'all are!

Offline
Fri, 13 Aug 2010, 9:38am #9
dareka1
EExpert
Registered: Dec, 2009
Last visit: Tue, 01 Nov 2011
Posts: 211

I hope you can swim in boiling water.

Offline
Fri, 13 Aug 2010, 7:47pm #10
Fibb
EExhilarating
Head_asplode_plus
Registered: Jul, 2009
Last visit: 1 day ago
Posts: 3401

Cold winters and heavy snow are also signs of climate disruption. Weird weather period! is the evidence of global warming - it doesn't just have to be exceptionally hot and dry weather.

Of course this is according to climate scientists, who you deniers have no respect for, so go ahead and live in your little dream world a little longer.

And whatever you do, don't think the weather has been getting weirder for years, that would show you have been paying attention, and we wouldn't want to start doing that now would we?


The time has come to demonstrate that ZENN is on the right path Romney/Ryan 2012

Dick Weir will not go quietly in the night.... - FMA

My grandkids won't know what it means to put gas or diesel in a car.

Offline
Fri, 13 Aug 2010, 9:33pm #11
ShortEE
EEcclesiastical
Mrschadenfreude2
Registered: Apr, 2009
Last visit: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Posts: 1294

Fibb wrote:

Cold winters and heavy snow are also signs of climate disruption. Weird weather period! is the evidence of global warming - it doesn't just have to be exceptionally hot and dry weather.

This is one of the strangest arguments that for some reason has enthralled countless global-warming kooks. 'Weird' weather is evidence of global warming? Seriously, when did the concept of 'science' leave scientific discussions?

Of course this is according to climate scientists, who you deniers have no respect for, so go ahead and live in your little dream world a little longer.

Aren't these 'scientists' the same ones that have abandoned basic scientific principles in proclaiming their theory as fact? I remember when people actually believed that correlation does not equal causation. How times have changed.

And whatever you do, don't think the weather has been getting weirder for years, that would show you have been paying attention, and we wouldn't want to start doing that now would we?

You truly believe that this phenomenon of global warming has become so pronounced that you are personally able to discern the change in global weather patterns on a year-to-year basis?

That's totally sound science: weather is getting 'weirder', so it must be global warming.

Referring to that sort of guesswork and alarmist rhetoric as science seems like lunacy to me. But I guess that's par for the course, what with me being a 'denier' and all.

Offline
Fri, 13 Aug 2010, 10:29pm #12
DGDanforth
EESUrient
Palosparkfallavatar
Registered: Oct, 2008
Last visit: Sat, 02 Feb 2013
Posts: 2484

"Global Instability" is probably the best characterization.


EEStor Hopeful.

"Make it as simple as possible, but not simpler" A. Einstein
"Alas, simplicity is rarely simple" curiositEE

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 3:19am #13
bEElzebub
EElevated
Beelzebub
Registered: Aug, 2009
Last visit: Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 453

Please kill all these global warming threads. It is not science any more (doubtfully ever been), it is merely religon.

Can't we start the thread about who's God is the best instead?


Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. —Albert Einstein
(Go DW&CN)

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 6:19am #14
Lensman
EExhilarating
Illuminati_avatar
Registered: May, 2009
Last visit: Fri, 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 9475

ShortEE wrote:

Fibb wrote:

Cold winters and heavy snow are also signs of climate disruption. Weird weather period! is the evidence of global warming - it doesn't just have to be exceptionally hot and dry weather.

This is one of the strangest arguments that for some reason has enthralled countless global-warming kooks. 'Weird' weather is evidence of global warming? Seriously, when did the concept of 'science' leave scientific discussions?

Exactly. Weather is driven primarily by a *difference* in temperatures. There is no logical reason why merely raising the temperature world-wide should result in more violent weather. Furthermore, the anthropic global warming alarmists-- that is, the Natural Climate Change Deniers-- claim that the average temperatures at the poles are increasing about six times as fast as the average temperatures in the tropics. If this is true, then that indicates there should be *less* temperature difference than in the past, so there should be *fewer* violent storms. Right?

So, some of us possessing a *full* brain-- not just half a brain-- would suggest that if there are more reports of violent weather recently, that's because we now have more data about worldwide weather conditions, not because violent weather is actually more common these days.

And by the way, the consensus of hurricane specialists is sharply different from that of climate scientists in general. As I think most of us know, most climate scientists parrot the AGW (Anthropic Global Warming) alarmism, and this Chicken Little alarmism includes claims that global warming is increasing the severity of hurricanes.

But most climatologists who *specialize* in hurricanes say this isn't so, and some are speaking out loudly against their own science being hijacked for the political purposes of the Global Warming Alarmists.

Last edited Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 6:45am by Lensman


We are the 99%. A better world is possible.

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 6:22am #15
Tec
EExhilarating
New_tec
Registered: Mar, 2009
Last visit: Sun, 04 Mar 2012
Posts: 8307

There is no logical reason why merely raising the temperature world-wide should result in more violent weather.

Words fail me!

Is there no end to this man's stupidity?

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 6:48am #16
Lensman
EExhilarating
Illuminati_avatar
Registered: May, 2009
Last visit: Fri, 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 9475

Well, Tec... science isn't for everyone. Especially not the retarded.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g194/Lensman03/EEStory/TecWorld.jpg


We are the 99%. A better world is possible.

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 9:54am #17
Lensman
EExhilarating
Illuminati_avatar
Registered: May, 2009
Last visit: Fri, 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 9475

bEElzebub wrote:

Can't we start the thread about who's God is the best instead?

Mine is better, because It has noodly appendages.

http://www.repubblica.it/2003/e/gallerie/scienzaetecnologia/flyingspaghetti/esterne081336430809133729_big.jpg


We are the 99%. A better world is possible.

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 1:14pm #18
Fibb
EExhilarating
Head_asplode_plus
Registered: Jul, 2009
Last visit: 1 day ago
Posts: 3401

For those of you who are too arrogant and ignorant to understand the situation:

Basic physics says CO2 in the atmosphere traps heat. Irrefutable evidence/measurements show that atmospheric CO2 is higher than it's been for a long, long time.

Climate scientists on masse say costly weird weather is to be expected as global temperatures rise.

For some odd reason deniers don't like the political implications of addressing the problem. Consequently they deny that the problem is real...

Even though denying global warming makes about as much sense than denying the earth revolves around the sun.

Denying the problem and doing nothing about it is going to lead to unnecessary human suffering on a massive scale.

Grow a conscience and grab a brain.


The time has come to demonstrate that ZENN is on the right path Romney/Ryan 2012

Dick Weir will not go quietly in the night.... - FMA

My grandkids won't know what it means to put gas or diesel in a car.

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 1:31pm #19
Fibb
EExhilarating
Head_asplode_plus
Registered: Jul, 2009
Last visit: 1 day ago
Posts: 3401

Pakistan floods leave 20 million homeless

How arrogant are you people gonna get?


The time has come to demonstrate that ZENN is on the right path Romney/Ryan 2012

Dick Weir will not go quietly in the night.... - FMA

My grandkids won't know what it means to put gas or diesel in a car.

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 2:01pm #20
HEEman
EESUrient
Registered: Sep, 2009
Last visit: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Posts: 2226

Fibb wrote:

Pakistan floods leave 20 million homeless

How arrogant are you people gonna get?

How is this list for arrogance?

Global Warming Ate My Homework: 100 Things Blamed on Global Warming
Posted November 17th, 2009 at 5:40pm in Energy and Environment with 47 comments Print This Post
Late for a party? Miss a meeting? Forget to pay your rent? Blame climate change; everyone else is doing it. From an increase in severe acne to all societal collapses since the beginning of time, just about everything gone wrong in the world today can be attributed to climate change. Here’s a list of 100 storylines blaming climate change as the problem.

1. The deaths of Aspen trees in the West
2. Incredible shrinking sheep
3. Caribbean coral deaths
4. Eskimos forced to leave their village
5. Disappearing lake in Chile
6. Early heat wave in Vietnam
7. Malaria and water-borne diseases in Africa
8. Invasion of jellyfish in the Mediterranean
9. Break in the Arctic Ice Shelf
10. Monsoons in India
11. Birds laying their eggs early
12. 160,000 deaths a year
13. 315,000 deaths a year
14. 300,000 deaths a year
15. Decline in snowpack in the West
16. Deaths of walruses in Alaska
17. Hunger in Nepal
18. The appearance of oxygen-starved dead zones in the oceans
19. Surge in fatal shark attacks
20. Increasing number of typhoid cases in the Philippines
21. Boy Scout tornado deaths
22. Rise in asthma and hayfever
23. Duller fall foliage in 2007
24. Floods in Jakarta
25. Radical ecological shift in the North Sea
26. Snowfall in Baghdad
27. Western tree deaths
28. Diminishing desert resources
29. Pine beetles
30. Swedish beetles
31. Severe acne
32. Global conflict
33. Crash of Air France 447
34. Black Hawk Down incident
35. Amphibians breeding earlier
36. Flesh-eating disease
37. Global cooling
38. Bird strikes on US Airways 1549
39. Beer tastes different
40. Cougar attacks in Alberta
41. Suicide of farmers in Australia
42. Squirrels reproduce earlier
43. Monkeys moving to Great Rift Valley in Kenya
44. Confusion of migrating birds
45. Bigger tuna fish
46. Water shortages in Las Vegas
47. Worldwide hunger
48. Longer days
49. Earth spinning faster
50. Gender balance of crocodiles
51. Skin cancer deaths in UK
52. Increase in kidney stones in India
53. Penguin chicks frozen by global warming
54. Deaths of Minnesota moose
55. Increased threat of HIV/AIDS in developing countries
56. Increase of wasps in Alaska
57. Killer stingrays off British coasts
58. All societal collapses since the beginning of time
59. Bigger spiders
60. Increase in size of giant squid
61. Increase of orchids in UK
62. Collapse of gingerbread houses in Sweden
63. Cow infertility
64. Conflict in Darfur
65. Bluetongue outbreak in UK cows
66. Worldwide wars
67. Insomnia of children worried about global warming
68. Anxiety problems for people worried about climate change
69. Migration of cockroaches
70. Taller mountains due to melting glaciers
71. Drowning of four polar bears
72. UFO sightings in the UK
73. Hurricane Katrina
74. Greener mountains in Sweden
75. Decreased maple in maple trees
76. Cold wave in India
77. Worse traffic in LA because immigrants moving north
78. Increase in heart attacks and strokes
79. Rise in insurance premiums
80. Invasion of European species of earthworm in UK
81. Cold spells in Australia
82. Increase in crime
83. Boiling oceans
84. Grizzly deaths
85. Dengue fever
86. Lack of monsoons
87. Caterpillars devouring 45 towns in Liberia
88. Acid rain recovery
89. Global wheat shortage; food price hikes
90. Extinction of 13 species in Bangladesh
91. Changes in swan migration patterns in Siberia
92. The early arrival of Turkey’s endangered caretta carettas
93. Radical North Sea shift
94. Heroin addiction
95. Plant species climbing up mountains
96. Deadly fires in Australia
97. Droughts in Australia
98. The demise of California’s agriculture by the end of the century
99. Tsunami in South East Asia
100. Fashion victim: the death of the winter wardrobe

And the list goes on. The truth is climate change is causing some of these events, but the earth’s average temperature has been increasing and decreasing since the beginning of time. Maybe the increase in UFO sightings can’t be pinpointed to climate change but certainly animals will adapt to new habitats as the climate changes. But climate change and adaptation to it is nothing new. There’s an underlying assumption that human activity is causing the climate to change in many of these stories, but the scientific consensus on what causes climate change is anything but a consensus. Temperatures have risen and fallen many times before and the earth was cooling as recently as the period from the 1940s to the 1970s giving rise to fears of a coming ice age:

“At the first Earth Day celebration, in 1969, environmentalist Nigel Calder warned, “The threat of a new ice age must now stand alongside nuclear war as a likely source of wholesale death and misery for mankind.” C.C. Wallen of the World Meteorological Organization said, “The cooling since 1940 has been large enough and consistent enough that it will not soon be reversed.”

The other implication of this list is that a reduction in Co2 with cap and trade policies like Waxman-Markey and Boxer-Kerry will cure problems as disparate as hurricanes, wars, crime, hunger and…cow infertility. The problem is that no one can actually claim that a reduction of Co2 will prevent these occurrences; one can only speculate that they will be worse in a world that has more rather than less Co2. Given cap and trade’s massive economic consequences and negligible effects on the earth’s temperature, this is a bold and potentially very costly speculation.

Katie Brown co-authored this post.

When will you guys ever stop? I will answer my own question, when there are no people left.


In a redneck sort a way, we only have so much ass to cash that check against.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/06/n...

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 4:06pm #21
bEElzebub
EElevated
Beelzebub
Registered: Aug, 2009
Last visit: Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 453

HEEman you have my vote on this - I will add how much doubt there is in the CO2 as the biggest AGW cause.


Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. —Albert Einstein
(Go DW&CN)

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 4:34pm #22
ShortEE
EEcclesiastical
Mrschadenfreude2
Registered: Apr, 2009
Last visit: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Posts: 1294

Fibb wrote:

Basic physics says CO2 in the atmosphere traps heat. Irrefutable evidence/measurements show that atmospheric CO2 is higher than it's been for a long, long time.

Basic physics can't be extrapolated to cover the entirety of global climatic interactions. Well, it can, but whatever results should definitely be regarded as a theory, as opposed to being stated as a categorical fact.

Climate scientists on masse say costly weird weather is to be expected as global temperatures rise.

Scientific consensus does not equal scientific fact. Claiming that it does weakens your position.

For some odd reason deniers don't like the political implications of addressing the problem. Consequently they deny that the problem is real...

You paint people with a pretty wide brush, huh?

Here's a noodle-scratcher: say that you're right and the earth is warming rapidly as a direct result of human activity. What makes you think the trend is reversible?

The reality is that at some point the Earth is going to do something we don't want it to. Assuming that we can impact global climate in whatever way we want is pretty arrogant.

Even though denying global warming makes about as much sense than denying the earth revolves around the sun.

Isn't it interesting that for a very long time, scientific consensus did exactly that?

Denying the problem and doing nothing about it is going to lead to unnecessary human suffering on a massive scale.

You should preface that by saying you believe it will. I still believe that the deaths caused by lack of access to basic necessities like clean water and the most basic medicine will continue to cause suffering orders of magnitude greater than anything ever attributable to climate change.

Grow a conscience and grab a brain.

Calling people stupid for not picking up your alarmist banner really isn't going to win you many friends.

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 4:36pm #23
ShortEE
EEcclesiastical
Mrschadenfreude2
Registered: Apr, 2009
Last visit: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Posts: 1294

Fibb wrote:

How arrogant are you people gonna get?

Just to be absolutely clear, you are claiming that the floods in Pakistan are a direct result of global warming caused by human activity?

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 5:39pm #24
bEElzebub
EElevated
Beelzebub
Registered: Aug, 2009
Last visit: Wed, 11 Jul 2012
Posts: 453

Fibb the temperature rise is less than 1 degree K, about 0.7 if you take the worst of the so distorted temperature figures which circle around. 0.7/285=0.0024=0.24% increase in temperature. You need some kind of phase transition in order for that small change to do all those weird things you are talking about. I don't think any scientist has found any phase transitions in air between normal temperatures (unless it would be around 273 which is the melting point of water) and the fact that we have all kind of different temperatures around the world all time it again wouldn't be much of a difference, so I would merely take that simple calculation as a proof for the stupidity in the hypothesis that a 0.7 degree rise would alter weather in some severe way.


Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking. —Albert Einstein
(Go DW&CN)

Offline
Sat, 14 Aug 2010, 10:37pm #25
Y_Po
EExhilarating
Zawy_y_go
Registered: May, 2009
Last visit: Thu, 13 Feb 2014
Posts: 5648

I thought this thread would be about Weir.

I don't trust climatologists anymore.


Q: What would happen if you give 12V battery and two 6V light bulbs to Weir/Nelson?

A: They will wait 8 years for 12V➜6V DC-DC converter.

http://theeestory.com/topics/3687
http://theeestory.com/topics/2105
http://theeestory.com/topics/4835

Offline
Sun, 15 Aug 2010, 12:00am #26
fantastic voyager
EErudite
Registered: Dec, 2009
Last visit: Sat, 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 92

-FIBB- Remember the Johnny Cash song--2 FOOT HIGH AND RAISING MOMMA--

Offline
Sun, 15 Aug 2010, 1:21am #27
neib
EErudite
Registered: Apr, 2009
Last visit: Sun, 01 Jan 2012
Posts: 53

Wow how is it that people still deny climate change but then use the argument that climate has changed before and will again. I have stated this before and I will again. The source of the change is not important we should be researching ways to deal with the changes we know might be coming and have plans in place in case they do. Having said that weather you believe in AGW or not burning fossil fuels into the atmosphere is a very very stupid thing to do. Forget the AGW argument for a second. Fossil fuels are required for many other things than energy. We can make energy from other sources but we will never stop using oil until it is gone! Now the stupid part is that plastic is an amazingly versatile and resilient material. If one day we decide to colonize mars or the moon for example plastic is going to be a big part of the plan. If we keep burning the basic chemicals that make up plastic until they are gone then we will be screwed out of a lot of potentially life saving products! Also when putting pollutants into the atmosphere there are other costs in terms of medical and so on that could be reduced that equate to billions a year that could be spent on research of more interesting things like a cure for cancer instead of being used to increase the rate of cancer. Not to mention the security benefits of not being addicted to foreign oil and keeping money in our own economies instead of sending it abroad.

Offline
Sun, 15 Aug 2010, 1:22am #28
Fibb
EExhilarating
Head_asplode_plus
Registered: Jul, 2009
Last visit: 1 day ago
Posts: 3401

I take no pride in this but if you read these carefully you will see that I am right.

In Weather Chaos, a Case for Global Warming

Fires, flooding fit into climate change predictions

Did you really read them? or just brush them aside with a wave of your hand as usual.


The time has come to demonstrate that ZENN is on the right path Romney/Ryan 2012

Dick Weir will not go quietly in the night.... - FMA

My grandkids won't know what it means to put gas or diesel in a car.

Offline
Sun, 15 Aug 2010, 1:30am #29
HEEman
EESUrient
Registered: Sep, 2009
Last visit: Sun, 24 Mar 2013
Posts: 2226

neib wrote:

Wow how is it that people still deny climate change but then use the argument that climate has changed before and will again. I have stated this before and I will again. The source of the change is not important we should be researching ways to deal with the changes we know might be coming and have plans in place in case they do. Having said that weather you believe in AGW or not burning fossil fuels into the atmosphere is a very very stupid thing to do. Forget the AGW argument for a second. Fossil fuels are required for many other things than energy. We can make energy from other sources but we will never stop using oil until it is gone! Now the stupid part is that plastic is an amazingly versatile and resilient material. If one day we decide to colonize mars or the moon for example plastic is going to be a big part of the plan. If we keep burning the basic chemicals that make up plastic until they are gone then we will be screwed out of a lot of potentially life saving products! Also when putting pollutants into the atmosphere there are other costs in terms of medical and so on that could be reduced that equate to billions a year that could be spent on research of more interesting things like a cure for cancer instead of being used to increase the rate of cancer. Not to mention the security benefits of not being addicted to foreign oil and keeping money in our own economies instead of sending it abroad.

Neib, nobody is opposed to finding alternatives to oil. The opposition comes when the treehuggers try to scare everyone all the time about everything. Holy crap give it a rest already. Listen to your argument for a second. Yes the earth has undergone many changes in climate and it will continue to do so forever. Men were not around when the climate changed in the past so why is it so easy for people to pin this on them now? We could not alter this if we wanted to and instituting stupid taxation schemes like cap and trade is only going to destroy our economy. If you want to believe in global warming that is fine with me. Just don't try to take my money away from me in the process.


In a redneck sort a way, we only have so much ass to cash that check against.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2011/06/n...

Offline
Sun, 15 Aug 2010, 5:16am #30
EEventually
EExhilarating
Ninjaneer
Registered: Mar, 2009
Last visit: Fri, 13 Dec 2013
Posts: 3696

politically, this is a simple win for environmentalists. simply create a list of every climate outlier and monitor the earth. when outliers happen, publish a nice article saying "I told you so"

I want to see the outlier predictions placed on the map. WHERE is it going to flood or drought. If your modeling is good enough to predict it, then tell us where your dart landed. If Texas gets cooler and wetter, maybe I'll go back.

it's politics now anyway. science and politics clashes all the time.


“Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled.”- Michael Crichton

Offline